The Kristie Rue Piano Studio
Presents a Fall Festivity!
Dunkley Music Recital Hall
Saturday, October 25, 2008
5:30-6:30 pm and 7:00-8:00 pm
Come in costume if you dare.
Please bring a plate of goodies for the refreshment table.
Students, you have been assigned to perform in the following recitals:
5:30-6:30 Zachary and Jeremiah Jennings, Lexi and Krista Kofoed, David and Emily Gold, Madison and Paige Haas, Ellie and Hanna Jacobs, Brooke and Ashley Kenney, Hannah Spear, Tristan Lewis, Marcile Vaclavik, Brian Watson, Brooke Millward
7:00-8:00 pm Kate Micah and Sara Starita, Claire Kinzel, Andie Toscan, Amanda and Emilee Horiuchi, Ellie and John Van De Graff, Olivia Mullin, Ryan and Derek DeBlieck, Lindsey Tanner, Paige and Lauren Bongiorno, Aubrionna Bullock
Times were assigned based on the following criteria:
- The very youngest students needed to be in the early recital.
- There are a number of duplications of sonatina performances which I tried to balance between the two recitals.
- I tried to achieve a balance of difficulty levels in each recital.
- Siblings were scheduled together.
- I tried to put close friends together.
- I tried to remember any "special requests" - but that would be unusual. So let me know if I have forgotten.
Given all these considerations, you can see that it would not be easy to make alterations. However, if you have a truly important conflict please let me know and I will do my best to rearrange.
On Sunday, October 26th, we will begin our Retirement Home performances. We will perform Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (these were outlined in a former communique). You are welcome to perform as many times as you would like. This is great performance practice for those who have the Sonatina Festival coming up. Many of you have given me your selected performance days. Equally as many have not. It is important that I know when you want to perform as we need to keep the performance times at each retirement home around 45 minutes. Jill Wright's studio will be performing with us on several of those days.
There will be no individual lessons the week of our retirement home performances. However, as I indicated earlier, I will have a little time before and after the performances to work in a few half-hour lessons for students who are feeling they need extra help in preparing for the Sonatina Festival or for the Monster Concert. Please contact me if you feel you would like a little extra coaching that week. There will be no lessons on Halloween.
Here is a little extra coaching in the meantime. Study your dynamics!! Memorize your dynamics!! Control your dynamics!! Every day practice slowly. Really focus, paying attention to all details (use your music). Then put your music to the side and play the piece with freedom and confidence. Those things that you have carefully practiced will still be there. Feel the pulse of the music. Count in your head. Let the music flow, but do control your tempo. Feel the emotion of the music, be expressive. Congratulate yourself on a job well done. Enjoy your accomplishment!! Have fun sharing your piece with others.
I am looking forward to a great week!!
Kristie
No comments:
Post a Comment