As I was attending the International Piano Festival in Portland, a number of presenters talked about the value of ensemble playing. As I listened I was able to pat myself on the back and say "Good for us. We are doing that!" Ensemble playing has been a primary emphasis for our studio this summer - and now it is time to make final plans for our end of the summer Music Together Celebration.
I have not simply been procrastinating. I wanted to wait as late as possible in order for everyone to have rehearsed and decided what they would like to contribute to this event. I was also hoping that your end of the summer schedules would be firm so that I could select a date that would accommodate as many students and families as possible. I also wanted to see what situations might develop (you never know). One situation that has developed is foot surgery for me on August 25th. I was thinking we might delay the celebration until the first week of school, but this surgery will put me out of commission for that week. Therefore, the celebration will need to be the week of August 18th. Final rehearsal for the rhythm ensemble will be August 19th. Everyone wishing to participate in the rhythm ensemble must attend this final rehearsal. To help me make final plans, I need the following information from each of you -
1) Your availability the 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd of August (so that I can select the date that works for the majority of students).
2) What individual ensemble you are preparing. Everyone preparing an individual ensemble should plan to rehearse with Kristie prior to August 19th.
3) If you will be participating in the "Celebration" rhythm ensemble. Please keep in mind that you must attend a minimum of three ensemble rehearsals in order to participate. Everyone wishing to participate must attend the final rehearsal which will be held Tuesday, August 19th from 4-6 pm. Does the final rehearsal count as one of the three required rehearsals??? My preferred answer is no, but I am flexible depending on your level of rhythmic proficiency.
4) If you plan to participate in the end of the summer Music Together Celebration, I need to know what size t-shirt you wear. Everyone participating in this event will receive a Music Together t-shirt with a design created by one of the members of our studio.
Please forward this information to me at kristierue@msn.com asap so that final plans can be made.
Thanks,
Kristie
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment